Quality Control Manager
Hartland, WI 53029
At InStaff, our success depends on you! That s why we set you up to succeed from day one. From our commitment to finding you the right-fit job, to our training and benefits programs, InStaff gives you the tools you need to build the future you want! We know that our clients success, as well as our own, depends on treating our employees with respect and care. We call it partnership with a purpose. Join the InStaff team today!
Quality Control Manager
Hartland, WI 53029
1 st Shift
Based on experience
SUMMARY OF FUNCTIONS:
This position is responsible for providing guidance and direction for business quality systems, product auditing resources and support core processes of the operations. Ensuring that the company is meeting and most cases exceeding the Customer requirements. Manage Quality Systems as agreed with Customer(s) through each Contract phase from design through production qualification, verification and validation.
This position is responsible for protecting the company s interests in the each of the markets served by supplying safe, dimensionally correct, and Customer approved Products acceptance criteria. This position is also responsible for leading and directing the quality systems core processes and ensure company resources are met.
Responsible for ensuring utilization of management tools with continuous improvement implementation processes that are confirmed by audit(s) and certification(s) of ISO 9001:2015, AS9100, ISO 13485 quality/business systems. In addition, report on a daily/weekly/monthly basis on management/operational management business objectives/metric is conducted per corporate goals and objective milestones.
General Job Duties:
1. Develop, oversee, and improve quality systems.
2. Conduct Quality Management activities.
a. Incorporating Customer Quality Objectives & Specifications to Engineering Protocols, Process Layouts/Travelers as required.
b. Conducting and supporting PPAP s prior to Customer submission, performing gauging requirements, calibrations, verification & validation
c. Ensuring cleanliness, testing/verification for new components, product, and ensuring the correct quality control procedures & methods are in place.
d. Executing or ensuring qualified personnel are conducting First Article Inspections, In-Process & Final Inspections
e. Ensure Business Core Operations are operating effectively and Business Metrics are being managed and met to meet Business Goals
i. Customer Satisfaction
ii. Support effective Profitability
3. Enhance customer and supplier relationships through appropriate communication, documentation, problem-solving, and follow-up.
4. Lead Corrective Action Activities if there are any active issues in the manufacturing process, customer concerns and/or excess scrap.
5. Lead Material Review Board meetings to create and develop detailed reaction plans/Corrective Actions to Customer Complaints and nonconforming product issues.
6. Provide coaching and Leadership for Quality Assurance department personnel. Carry out leadership activities such as hiring, training, appraising performance, motivating, and resolving issues.
7. Establish and implement metrics for monitoring system effectiveness and customer satisfaction.
8. Direct First Article Inspections, In-process and Final inspection tasks to ensure that Customer Product specifications and requirements are being met. Direct resources where needed, provide guidance and final decision on product that is being prepared to ship to the Customer.
a. Review activities for the Company In-Process Inspection resources.
9. Execute walk through audits, Internal Audits/ISO 9001:2015, AS9100 & ISO 13485 layered audits and Lead quality system surveillance audits.
10. Performs other duties as assigned by President or support Department Management Team Member(s).
11. In conjunction with the Quality Assurance staff reviews and approves manufacturing and assembly instructions for adequate point of inspection operations; determines appropriate documentation for inspection points. Assists with development of finished product and component receiving inspection procedures and requirements.
12. Supervises and/or conducts quality control reviews at established inspection points. Verifies and maintains quality control records. Recruits, trains and supports quality personnel to assure effective and competent performance of quality function.
13. Participates in the review of all design, manufacturing, purchasing, and inspection/ test verification documentation to assure conformance to quality control standards/customer requirements/purchase order/Customer technical specification requirements.
a. This can include review of drawings, specification sheets, production, process layouts, routings procedures, testing and inspection standards, vendor inspections and customer contract specifications.
b. Reviews and oversees implementation of engineering change notices (ECN s) with Production Inventory Control Manager and related document change control/business management tasks are being conducted per Customer requirements.
c. Makes recommendations regarding management, facilities, equipment, personnel, procedures and systems to carry out quality control function.
14. Supervises tagging and quarantine procedures for rejection of FAI, in-process, final/finished product and component receiving inspection areas. Authorizes with qualified Engineering disposition of rework, scrap or return to vendor decisions; consults and reviews with Quality Assurance Director as necessary.
15. Prepares and reviews complaint (quality) trends. Reports serious or repeated failures or unreliability in quality of products. Recommends corrective actions or plans/programs for overall defect reductions in products.
16. Performs other quality control functions as necessary or as requested.
17. Ensure compliance with all USA/related regulatory requirements,
18. Evaluate and process customer complaints / credits and facilitate corrective action
19. Ensure conformance to both internal external business and customer specifications
1. Requires Bachelor s Degree in an Engineering discipline.
2. Must have 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in the plastic injection molding industry.
3. Minimum five years experience in a quality control function, with experience in directing/supervising others.
4. Experience within an ISO 9001:2015, AS9100 & 13485 systems.
5. Advance Product Quality Planning and PPAP experience.
6. Experience with CMM/Rexcan
a. Solid Works or CATI
b. SPC software.
Direct Deposit or Pay Card (Visa)
Longevity and holiday pay
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available for employee and family
Want the fastest response from us?
Upon arrival to the Instaff job post, please click the Apply Online button and apply directly to the job. You will be asked to establish a username and password, and upload your resume, as well as, complete our job application. This alerts our recruiters that you are interested in the job ! Please ensure all your contact information is correct so that we may contact you right away! Submissions with inadequate contact information unfortunately cannot be considered. Submitted resumes and applications remain in our database for consideration for other current and future openings.