Pleasant Prairie, WI 60064
At Instaff, our success depends on you! That s why we set you up to succeed from day one. From our commitment to finding you the right-fit job, to our training and benefits programs, Instaff gives you the tools you need to build the future you want! We know that our clients success, as well as our own, depends on treating our employees with respect and care. We call it partnership with a purpose. Join the Instaff team today!
Job Title: Order Picker
Job Type: Temp-to-Hire
Location: Pleasant Prairie, WI
Days/Hours: Mon-Fri 8:30AM-5PM
Pay Range: $11.00 per hour
1. *Responsible for the quality of their work and implementation of the food safety/quality procedures applicable to the processes that they perform.
2. Performs all duties related with warehousing, shipping and receiving, and inventory control.
3. Performs function of order preparation including picking items and/or cases out of stock according to invoice or pick lists; palletizing cases, marking cases, wrapping pallets with pallet wrapping equipment, marking pallets, and placing pallets in designated area for shipping.
4. Familiarization and performance of all functions using an RF scan gun.
5. Familiarization and performance of all UPS functions including assembly of cases, case consolidation, marking cases, proper UPS documentation, palletizing of cases, minor clerical duties, and distinguishing type of shipping method required per order.
6. Performs the proper loading and unloading of truck trailers.
7. Performs the safe operation of an electric pallet jack and power lift equipment including specialized (narrow-aisle) equipment.
8. Performs warehousing function of transferring product from packaging to warehouse, also rotates, arranges, and organizes stock.
9. Must be able to accurately and speedily follow written directions, in English.
10. Assists in the preparation and maintenance of documentation concerning all aspects of warehousing, shipping and receiving, and inventory control.
11. Must be capable to perform assigned clerical duties which includes the necessary mathematical skills.
12. Must be capable of performing other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
13. Must maintain each respective work area in a safe and sanitary condition.
14. The employee may be required to perform other such duties within the scope of their employment as may be assigned.
15. Regular, predictable, full-time attendance is required as an essential function of this position.
16. *Complete daily end of shift cleaning.
17. *Report all safety incidents.
18. *Responsible to report any food safety/quality problems to personnel with authority to initiate action SQF Practitioner or direct supervisor.
Minimum 2 years of experience in a warehouse/factory setting
Have a strong work ethic with reliability and dependability
Be able to pass a criminal background check and drug screen
The employee is occasionally required to sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
Direct Deposit or Pay Card (Visa)
Longevity and holiday pay
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance available for employee and family
Want the fastest response from us?
Upon arrival to the Instaff job post, please click the Apply Online button and apply directly to the job. You will be asked to establish a username and password, and upload your resume, as well as, complete our job application. This alerts our recruiters that you are interested in the job! Please ensure all your contact information is correct so that we may contact you right away! Submissions with inadequate contact information unfortunately cannot be considered. Submitted resumes and applications remain in our database for consideration for other current and future openings.